BCC CX on 25th January

macca

18:24 Sun, 12 Jan 2014

Just linking this through to the rides/events page to keep the profile up for helpers.

If anyone can give some time on the 25th that would be brilliant.
It could be to set up the course or marshal the races. As the park has many public crossings you can't have enough marshals.

Please put your name forward here: http://www.beeston.cc/events/event/?id=1294 and email Richard (richshen@ntlworld.com) so that he can arrange roles for you depending on what time of the day you can help.
Course setup : 7 -10:45am
Marshalling and course break down is the rest of the day finishing about 4- 4:30pm

Cheers John

A good course walk through today.
Richard, me, Sarah, Pete from VC Long Eaton, Tim from TFN and Alex in the woods making it safe for the riders on the day.

macca

18:24 Sun, 12 Jan 2014

Discussing the course and making sure the flat open area has a balance of straight runs and nasty technical bits.

macca

18:28 Sun, 12 Jan 2014

Thanks to everyone for coming. A successful morning: the course is pretty much cleared and information signs are up at each park entrance. It's going to be a testing one.

richshen

19:42 Sun, 12 Jan 2014

Admins.
Could we move the Christmas tree story off the home page please and get the cross event on there instead if possible? Cheers.

richardb

7:44 Mon, 13 Jan 2014

I'll do it tonight if no-one else does it before.

But as a small point, we don't remove things from the front page they just get moved down when new things are added. If you click on 'More News' at the bottom you can see all the older news entries.

jimw

9:07 Mon, 13 Jan 2014

Thanks Jim.

richardb

13:17 Mon, 13 Jan 2014

I'll do it tonight when I get in from work.

macca

17:20 Mon, 13 Jan 2014

Hi Richard/John,
I am available for the morning to help set up and marshall u9 and u12. Happy to do the same course with John again.
Cheers

Gareth

19:20 Mon, 13 Jan 2014

Thanks Gareth - good to hear. I'm sending details about marshaling, set up teams and other information over the weekend.

richshen

21:17 Thu, 16 Jan 2014

The preparations are well underway with Richard's course modifications and improvements.

The key shows the diversity of races.
For those of you that have young kids it is a great day out and you never know you may have a national champion in your midst.

macca

20:56 Sun, 19 Jan 2014

Over the last few years we have created aerial maps so that we can get the course set up efficiently. There are so many factors to consider and readjust to make the course a success for the riders, the CX league and the judges etc. As you can see from the previous images there has been many an hour walking the park.

We can't show the full map until after the event as we don't want to reveal the treats in store for the riders.

macca

21:03 Sun, 19 Jan 2014

Good luck tomorrow, hope it all goes well.
Weather and conditions look interesting. Anyone able to get some photos?

richardb

21:21 Fri, 24 Jan 2014

First happy customer:

"Just want to say a big thanks to the organisers today, 1st finish (4 laps:-) in a cross race in 32 years, so very pleased. Entered last week but didn't even make end of 1st lap. I've finish my season on a high!

It was really good today, course was great, enjoyed the running, only lost my shoe in mud once, whilst hopping around with bike on shoulder. The senior race must have been a mare, as well as the tidying up & pack down

You've made an old man very happy, sleep well all, and see you next year.

Cheers Dom"

roberth

18:00 Sat, 25 Jan 2014

Every rider and helper should be very proud of themeself.

I am just thawing out from the hail and thunder storm.

I will post images when the phone re charges.

macca

20:07 Sat, 25 Jan 2014

Ian (placidcasua1) from Leicester Forest has posted a nice set of pictures on Flickr. I'll post a link tomorrow, looked wet and dirty. Hope all went well.

richardb

22:58 Sat, 25 Jan 2014

I posted a couple of photos to the BCC facebook page.

climberruss

5:45 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

A taste of images to come.
Sally at the top wooded area crossing near Marshall point 2

macca

6:14 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

Freddie weaving through the pack in the under 12s. This was the best part if the day for conditions.

macca

9:55 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

The first of the two photos above makes it look like the Somme. The second looks like a nice sunny dry day in spring. Oh how the camera can deceive!!

climberruss

10:06 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

You can see the extent of the course and the different races that happened. This map has had a few course edits for the event, which includes the under 12s not going through the woods at M2.

We have created these maps for the last few years as it helps us plan for the day and is essential for setting up, especially when you don't have the luxury of a bird's eye view and it was before sunrise.

macca

10:53 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

Link to Ian's photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/103581114@N07/sets/72157640154315883/

richardb

12:24 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

We'll done rich Shenton

markn

19:00 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

I'll second that, well done Richard for getting this event on, especially after doing all the preperation for the Bramcote event.

richardb

21:22 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

And I will third that:-)

macca

23:16 Sun, 26 Jan 2014

Sorry for the silence - I'm not the best at this inter-web thing. The fact is that Saturday's event wouldn't have happened if volunteers hadn't arrived in the dark to put the course up, stayed to marshal and keep the course safe in some testing conditions and then take the course down as it started to get dark again. And that doesn't even include the fantastic work of the registration and car park marshaling teams. I guess it's a matter of team work and although Beeston CC took the lead members of VC Long Eaton, TFN and Beeston RC were very much to the fore on the day.

So thank you again to everyone.

Work starts on the next event now so if you want to be more involved get in touch.

richshen

12:32 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

macca

15:04 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

The BCC tent was a great draw! some soup to see you through the hail !

macca

15:05 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

What's in the famous BCC soup?

macca

15:06 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

The Youth start to mix it up "the ground that is"

macca

15:35 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

The Vets has a large field

macca

15:36 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

Lee H, says this guy is 70 plus and he lost his rear mech on the second lap and ran around the course 2.5 times to get his points. Needless to say he got a round of applause on his final lap.

macca

15:39 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

Just as the hail started so did the seniors embark on their first lap. This blurry rider led from the start to win the race, what was evident is that he had one speed despite the worsening conditions, increasing his lead on every lap. He and a few other riders are heading to Holland to ride in the nationals

macca

15:43 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

all we needed were some wrestlers :-)

macca

15:44 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

Taking the long way round was quicker!

macca

15:45 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

It was a strangely enjoyable day, watching other people cycle through swamps in the cold and wet weather, their fitness and determination is something to be admired. The downside is that it so inspired Richard O, that he now wants to try cyclocross , so that will be another bike clogging up the garage. Might have to get a single speed so my bikes don't get outnumbered......

sally

21:37 Mon, 27 Jan 2014

Sally that seems only fair :-)

macca

8:56 Tue, 28 Jan 2014

Sally, I think you will find there is an ever growing women's cyclocross racing movement...

Get matching bikes...

martins

10:58 Tue, 28 Jan 2014

Get matching bikes and then you can persuade Richard to be in the pits cleaning the bike swap for every lap;-)

macca

12:16 Tue, 28 Jan 2014

I had this message today, anyone see or pick up the jacket?

Name: Ben Sumner
Email: bensumner1@yahoo.com
Message: Hi, I raced Saturday at your cross race and left a castelli Gabba jacket by the tent, just wondered if you had it? Cheers

newsonoid

18:37 Tue, 28 Jan 2014

It was picked up. Too small for me :-( not sure who has it now though.

roberth

20:42 Tue, 28 Jan 2014

I think there must be an unofficial competition of who can leave the lost expensive object in a field on a Saturday...
Gabba jackets, jet washes, someone forgot their wheels the other week...

martins

6:48 Wed, 29 Jan 2014

I think there must be an unofficial competition of who can leave the lost expensive object in a field on a Saturday...
Gabba jackets, jet washes, someone forgot their wheels the other week...

martins

7:29 Wed, 29 Jan 2014

I've got the jacket. Fits me perfectly! Will let Ben know.

richshen

18:02 Sat, 1 Feb 2014

I think he came 2nd in the Nationals, btw.

newsonoid

20:20 Sun, 2 Feb 2014

Erm if anyone reads the evening post then yes, that letter us from me...
I await the backlash...

martins

19:08 Tue, 4 Feb 2014

Check out http://www.beeston.cc/cyclocross
for results of 2013/14

macca

21:08 Sun, 23 Feb 2014

Login to Comment

All General Discussions

Upcoming Rides/Events

Code Red

richard_a 7:00 PM Tue, 24 Oct